To contact Silent Weekend please email us at Silentweekend@aol.com
Silent Weekend is a voice off venue that welcomes people interested and involved in visual language. We have classes for those with no functional skill all the way up to and including those with native abilities. Classes are provided for RID members to earn CEU/ACET's. We also provide Professional Development Certificates. Come learn from some of the nation's top presenters. Participants from all over the country enjoy the atmosphere of camaraderie.
The 2017 Silent Weekend will be held at The Florida Hotel and Conference Center from Thursday, June 22nd to Sunday, June 25th.
As of May 4th the block of rooms we reserved is sold out. Participants may still try to obtain a reservation, which may become available due to cancellations, but there are no guarantees.
Below is the Florida Hotel Reservation.
We thank the following companies for sponsoring Silent Weekend 2017.
Interpretek - http://interpretek.com/
Signs of Excellence - http://www.signsofexcellencellc.com/
Dear visual language enthusiasts,
Silent Weekend is just two months away and it is shaping up to be another great one. We are sharing information and tips to help you get the most out of the event.
1) Please be sure to register for a room before May 21st if you plan to stay in the conference hotel. They are busy in June and will not honor our special price after that date. As of April 23rd there are less than 30 room left from the 450 we asked them to hold so don't delay. The link at the top of this page is the easiest way to reserve.
2) A photo ID will be required to pick up your name tag and program book. Please have it out and ready so the registration process will go quickly.
3) There are 28 hours of instruction time this year (2.8 possible CEUs), and an orientation. To look over who is presenting and what is being taught please click the appropriate links.
4) The thermostats will again be locked at 72 degrees. Please dress in layers so you can be comfortable throughout the weekend.
5) RID members can click on the RID CEU Forms link to read an explanation of how to obtain CEUs during Silent Weekend.
6) Professional Development Certificates are offered again this year. Find the blue page in the program book and follow the instructions.
7) We do have an available room for nursing mothers and/ or parents that must step out to attend to toddlers. Ask at the registration desk.
8) For a quick look at our answers to frequently asked questions please click on the FAQ link. It will give you a better understanding of how Silent Weekend is run.
9) Vendors are at the conference from Thursday through Saturday. If you see an item you want to buy please be sure to do so before Sunday!
10) Relax and enjoy! Remember that " Perfection is a terrible burden to be preoccupied with"- Faye Wattleton-. We are all at different levels, have different abilities, learn in different way, etc......anyone who wants to improve his/ her ability to communicate visually belongs at Silent Weekend!
We look forward to seeing you soon,Mike and Maureen
The fledgling class still has openings. Why not invite a friend or family member who has become interested in visual language to join you at the conference?